Terms and Conditions
Last updated: [May 18th 2009]
Accessing the website
Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis and the Energy Saving Trust reserves the right to withdraw or amend the services provided on the website without notice. The Energy Saving Trust will not be liable if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. The Energy Saving Trust does not guarantee that access to and use of the Energy Saving Trust's websites will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Energy Saving Trust is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the website and in the material published on it. All such rights are reserved.
The information and images contained on our websites are the property of the Energy Saving Trust and are protected by copyright laws. All software used on this website is the property of the Energy Saving Trust or our software suppliers and is protected by copyright laws. You may print off and download extracts of any pages from the website for your own personal reference and to draw the attention of others [within your organisation] to material on the website free of charge without requiring specific permission provided that you comply with the following conditions:
- you must ensure that all material is reproduced accurately and without modification;
- you must not use materials in a derogatory manner or in a misleading context;
- you may not use materials for commercial purposes without our prior written permission; and
- if you are issuing material to others, the Energy Saving Trust's status at the author of the materials must be acknowledged and the website address must be included with the material.
Should you wish to reproduce our content in a manner different to those outlined above please contact us on 0207 222 0101 and ask to speak to a member of the Digital Team.
"Energy Saving Trust", the "Energy Saving Trust Recommended" logo and other marks used on the Energy Saving Trust's websites are the Energy Saving Trust's trade marks and may not be used without the Energy Saving Trust's prior written permission.
Reliance on Information
Information provided through the website is provided free of charge and for general information purposes only. The Energy Saving Trust endeavours to keep information up to date and correct, however, the Energy Saving Trust does not give any warranties or representations of any kind that the information on the website is complete, accurate, reliable or suitable for your use. Any reliance you place on information on the website is strictly at your own risk.
Disclaimer of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, the Energy Saving Trust expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any use in connection with the website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or the results of the use of the website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profits or contracts, loss of anticipated savings, loss of data, loss of goodwill, wasted management time and for any other loss of damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
This does not affect the Energy Saving Trust's liability for death or personal injury arising from the Energy Saving Trust's negligence, nor the Energy Saving Trust's liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Mention of third party products, services, companies and websites on the website is for information purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation unless the said product, service or company is referred to under the Energy Saving Endorsement scheme. The Energy Saving Trust's Energy Saving Endorsement Scheme and associated Energy Saving Trust Recommended trademark was launched to support and promotes Energy Saving products in conjunction with manufacturers and retailers. The Energy Saving Trust only endorses products that are featured within the Energy Saving Trust Recommended products database. Please note that all third party products must be ordered directly from the third party supplier and is subject to the third party's terms and conditions of sale.
Registration and access to secure areas of the Energy Saving Trust website
Should you register and subsequently sign-in to any part of the website please ensure you keep your personal information safe and notify Energy Saving Trust if you are concerned a security breach has taken place.