Who can get a whole house assessment?
A Nest whole house assessment is available to people in Wales who are in receipt of a means tested benefit and living in the hardest-to-heat homes.
You may be eligible for home improvements under the scheme if:
- you own or privately rent your home and;
- you live in a home that is not energy efficient (F or G rated)
- and you or someone who lives with you receives a means tested benefit:
- Child Tax Credit: where the household money coming in is below £15,910 a year
- Council Tax Reduction Scheme (reductions and discounts do not qualify on their own)
- Housing benefit
- Income-based jobseeker’s allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Income support
- Pension Credit - savings and guarantee
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit: where the household money coming in is below £15,910 a year
Even if your home has an energy rating above an F rating we’ll still give you advice on money management and income maximisation, you may also be able to get help with home improvements at no cost or low cost to you through other schemes.